Thursday, May 15, 2008

Having my Say

Hey Everyone,



Now I don't normally like to vent on a blog, but I wanted to voice my opinion about my company. I work for a major grocery store in Canada and it's not one I would recommend, hence the reason I am leaving out the name and major details not that it takes away from my opinion.

I recently told someone that I was thinking of going back to school, (I want to take psychology, always have since I was a kid). Well she asked me if I thought of considering the store a career and I could have died laughing. It was so hard for me to keep a straight face.

This company is so far from being family orientated it's not funny. We are having a barbeque today to celebrate our store finally getting a staff discount and one of my co-workers practically yelled out (she always has had a voice that carries when she is excited about something) that we were not allowed to bring our family....It was for staff and staff alone. What if you are a single mom and wanted to go? Kinda gotta bring your kids don't ya. I thought that was rather rude and didn't even go today. My family is a little more important to me than my job.

I guess it's just the little things that are annoying me about my company. Head Supervisors who are in grocery shopping stop long enough to humiliate the supervisor on shift because it got busy while two cashiers were on break. Like ya can help that, but I wasn't there to begin with... just when she started in on this supervisor....anyways, she should have taken it off the floor and not in front of customers. That is abuse.

Don't even get me started about the childish behavior, rumors, gossip and tears that go on there either.

My company a career? LoL I don't think so.

No comments: