Thursday, October 16, 2008

Life never stops

Hey Everyone,

Sorry it has been so long since I have last posted. A lot has happened since I last posted. My wonderful boy, Tyler, has started school. He seems to be doing quite well. they now have him in the classroom full time and he is also spending the full morning now with the children. It seems that he actually has made a couple of friends also. I am so excited for him. He even got invited to his first birthday party. Unfortunately he couldn't go because he was having a "bad" day and it wouldn't have been good for the other children if he went. Tyler even had his school pictures taken and they are beautiful. I will have to scan one for you all to see. I'm just so proud of him. He even asks for school on the weekends.

Right now I am making a plan with the aide, the life skills teacher and his classroom teacher to make a presentation to the classroom about Tyler and his Autism. The children know something isn't "right" with Tyler, but they still treat him as an equal which is wonderful. We are going to be there to explain that Tyler is just like them; he loves cars, coloring and movies and he loves to play and sing and loves to play on the computer just like they do, but the difference with Tyler is that he has moments where not everything seems the same for him and he has a "meltdown" and we will be explaining what a meltdown is. We will also warn them about him being impulsive. But we will probably describe it as stubborness because that's how it shows most of the time. It should be great.

Also since then I have celebrated my 6th Anniversary with my wonderful husband, Grae. We also celebrated my youngest son, Damien turning 3 years old. It was fun and I have never seen a child so excited to get clothes for his birthday LoL.

Finally, I have also had a major surgery. I had a hysterectomy. I was in the hospital for 2 days and am still recovering. I am off work now until the middle of November. I am going stir crazy as I have been off work since the 24th of September.

I have been working on a freebie for you all and should have it up soon.

Take care everyone and thank you for the compliments.

*hugs*
Missy

2 comments:

Aleah'sMommy said...

Good luck with the rest of your healing.

Carmins Chaos said...

You have just recieved an award from me. You can find the award and its details on my blog at http://carminscreativechaos.blogspot.com
Congrats and keep up the fantastic work
Hugs
Carmin